Cherry Online in looking for a Junior Data Warehouse ETL Developer
Cherry Ltd. has been established since 2010 and offers a wide range of internet-based games. We are part of Cherry AB who has offered land-based casino games in Sweden for over 50 years. The fun and excitement of gaming is the basis for all of Cherry's activities. Online gaming is operated by fully owned subsidiaries in Malta.
Why work at Cherry?
- The working environment is important to us – all our employees love our spacious office and the pièce de résistance has to be our huge terrace
- Free health insurance
- Fruit, yogurt and coffee for everyone as well as a cold beer/soft drink for our Friday get-togethers after the working week is done
- You are not just a number – we value all our team members and reward fairly
- We encourage growth and development – whether that be to enhance your knowledge/skills within your own area of expertise, or support you at the start of a new career choice
- With over 15 different nationalities, we have an exciting and very interesting bunch of people in our ‘Cherry family’
- We expect hard work and dedication but always manage to have a lot of fun along the way
Junior Data Warehouse ETL Developer will be responsible for supporting and further developing of the existing data warehouse, which includes developing ETL processes, supporting BI and analytical solution using Tableau.
The Junior Data Warehouse ETL Developer will be working with Talend, Alteryx, Redshift and Tableau technologies. Primarily the work will be centred around the design, development and maintenance of ETL processes using Talend and Redshift.
This is a role that could suit a recent graduate with an understanding of BI and data warehouse development and eagerness to gain experience in a fast-paced BI environment.
Main Activities / Key Responsibilities:
Main responsibilities include:
- Design, development and support of the ETL processes using: Talend, Alteryx, SQL, Redshift.
- Ensure on-time data load into Data Warehouse and perform data reconciliation.
- Support daily ETL loads and ad-hoc requests.
Skills & experience required includes:
- An IT related degree is desirable
- 1-2 years of data warehouse ETL / data integration focused work experience is preferred
- Knowledge of Data Warehouse modelling, experience with both transactional databases and data warehouses
- SQL skills
- Hands on experience with one of the mainstream data integration products like Talend Data Management Platform, Microsoft SSIS, Oracle ODI or Warehouse Builder, SAP Data Services, Informatica PowerCenter, IBM DataStage is a plus.
- Hands on experience with one of the business platforms (mainly semantic layer) like MicroStrategy, Oracle BI, SAP Business Objects, IBM Cognos, Tableau and Alteryx would be considered an asset.
- Experience with Amazon Redshift or other columnar databases, Tableau Online or other cloud based BI/DW solutions would be considered an asset
- Knowledge of scripting languages would be considered an asset
- Understanding of Big Data would be considered an asset
Relationships and Communication:
- Strong work ethic
- Excellent written English and strong verbal communication skills
- Positive ‘can do’ attitude
- Flexible to business demands
- Escalate bottlenecks and issues in timely manner
Participate in brainstorming meetings to discuss existing issues and new ideas.